There are some steps before you can begin building a new upKeeperSOS
In this article I will use C:\upKeeper\upKeeperSOS as location for building upKeeperSOS.
1. Download "Windows ADK for Windows 10" and "Windows PE add-on for the ADK" from:
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-assessment-deployment-kit (Version 1903 has been tested).
2. When you have download adksetup.exe and started the installation, you need at least install Deployment Tools and Configuration Designer and install ADK at default location.
3. Start adkwinpesetup.exe to install Windows Preinstallation Environment.
Download update_sos.zip file, unpack the zip file on the machine where you installed ADK.
Place the files in c:\upKeeper\upKeeperSOS.
It can be necessary to download new version from the ftp.
Open C:\upKeeper\upKeeperSOS\upkeeper\Upkeeper.Sos.exe.config in notepad and change Endpoint to match your organization. upKeeperSOS communicate to upKeeperClientAPI.
4. Next step is to add drivers to upKeeperSOS, place in the following folder c:\upKeeper\upKeeperSOS\Drivers
Download all the drivers that you wont to include in upKeeperSOS. Important to download driver that is for Windows 10 x64.
Tips, Don´t put all the drivers in same folder, create at least folder for respective manufacturer.
5. Last step, test that everything works, to do that, run update_sos.cmd in admin mode.
It should now create new folders and in the cmd file you can look after errors. If everything works fine, then it is ready for test.
To test the new upKeeperSOS
Copy folder upKeeperSOS_w10_amd64 to upKeeper distribution point and add the new boot.wim to WDS (upKeeperSOS_w10_amd64\sources\boot.wim). Next step is to PXE boot a client machine.
Files that has been download are blocked, start powershell, go to upKeeperSOS\upkeeper and run
"dir | Unblock-File"
You can use WDSUTIL (See example command below) to add or update upKeeperSOS to WDS, remember to change path to imageFile. You can add this command in the end of update_sos.cmd script.
WDSUTIL /Replace-Image /Image:"upKeeperSOS" /ImageType:Boot /Architecture:x64 /ReplacementImage /ImageFile:"\\upKeeperDIST\upKeeperSOS_w10_amd64\Sources\boot.wim" /Name:"upKeeperSOS" /Description:"upKeeperSOS"